Engaging in a transformative journey, our recent community outreach spanned across Boki, Becheve, and Obudu LGAs in Cross River State. We dedicated our efforts to amplify awareness on the far-reaching impact of Child, Early, and Forced Marriage (CEFM) while sensitizing community members to the diverse forms of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV).
- CEFM Awareness:
- Unveiling the repercussions of CEFM.
- Empowering individuals with knowledge to combat this societal challenge.
- SGBV Sensitization:
- Addressing various forms of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence.
- Fostering a culture of understanding and empathy within communities.
- Action Groups Formation:
- Establishing dedicated action groups.
- These groups stand united to support victims of CEFM and spearhead advocacy efforts for the prevention of both CEFM and SGBV in our target communities.
Impact and Results:
- Community Empowerment:
- Witnessing a surge in community members actively engaging in discussions.
- Fostering an environment where everyone plays a pivotal role in eradicating CEFM and SGBV.
- Support for Victims:
- Action groups providing a robust support system for victims of CEFM.
- Creating a safe space for survivors of SGBV to seek assistance.
- Advocacy Momentum:
- Advocacy initiatives gaining momentum within the target communities.
- Encouraging proactive measures for the prevention of CEFM and SGBV.
In our commitment to building resilient and empowered communities, this outreach marked a significant step forward. Together, we strive to eradicate CEFM and create a future where Women and girls can live free from the shadows of SGBV. Join us in this transformative journey towards a safer, more compassionate society.